Dr. Ashima Srivastava Child and Adult Clinical Psychologist, Developmental and Behavioral Therapist.
Dr. Ashima Srivastava is an eminent Clinical Psychologist. She is an intellectually stimulating, thought- provoking professional who works in a congenial professional environment conducive for her clients.
Education: M.Sc., M.Phil. Clinical Psychology, Ph.D in Clinical Psychology (Child Mental Health)
Certified and trained from USA in 2013 in diagnosing and treating neuro developmental disorders like ADHD, Autism etc. Also ADOS-2 trained in diagnosing children with Autism.
Dr. Ashima is a Clinical Psychologist who deals with difficulties in children as well as adults. She addresses needs of a wide variety and has about 12 years of experience in the field.
Her journey began after she completed her MPhil from IBHAS and her Ph.D. She is associated with MaxMax Superspeciality Hospital, Patparganj and Noida since February 2006 as Child and Adult Clinical Psychologist, Developmental and Behavioral Therapist.
With a passion like no other and a curiosity to learn the best techniques available, Dr. Ashima makes it a point to put her patients first in order to obtain maximum progress and positive results.
Dr. Ashima aligns herself with practices that are competency based, create richer narratives and help in the deep, holistic development of character and personality.
She provides Family and Relationship counselling, Behavioural Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Personality Assessment, Assessment of IQ and Learning disorders, and various other types of therapies and assessment services.
Has been associated with Max Healthcare since last 8 years. Formally worked at Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences (IHBAS), dilshad Garden, Delhi from 1998 to 2006. Has been dealing with behavioural and developmental issues evident in children and adolescents. In addition deals with adult cases too. She has extensive experience in addressing Family and Relationship issues.
Has been working as behavior therapist to deal with behavioral issues in children like ADHD,Conduct Disorder etc in children. Also addressing to developmental disorders in children such as Autism, and other Pervasive Developmental disorders. Doing Developmental, Cognitive, and Academic evaluations for diagnostic purposes and early intervention services. Is a certified professional by CBSE for certifying children with Specific Learning Disability and helping to provide them with concessions as per CBSE guidelines. Has been conducting workshops for teachers on topics like orientation of teachers towards Specific Learning Disabilities, Sensitizing parents and teachers in schools towards Mental Health Issues evident in children. Also conducting workshops for school children on topics like Handling Examination Stress, Effective Study Skills, Handling Peer Pressure, Risk Taking Behavior, etc. Has been conducting courses for graduate and post-graduate students on Overview of Mental Disorders, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, HIV-AIDS counselling, Psychological Assessments etc.
PRESENT POSITION: Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Regd. with RCI, India (Since 01.02.2007) working in Department of Mental Health & Behavioral Sciences, Max Balaji Hospital, Patparganj & Max Healthcare Hospital, Noida.
Clinical & Research Experience
- Associated with Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences (IHBAS) from 1999 to 2006. The work experience during this tenure included the following:
- Completed an internship for 3 months in the Department of Clinical Psychology from 1.6.99 to 1.9.99 under the supervision of Dr. T. B. Singh, Prof. and Head, Department of Clinical Psychology.
- Worked as an associate psychologist with Dr. T. B. Singh from 2.9.99 to 21.12.99.
- Worked as Clinical Researcher with Department of Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry, Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS) for nearly 4 years in the following research projects:
- Worked as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a community based ICMR funded research project, “Mental health consequences and service needs of a disaster (fire) affected community in an urban slum” from 22.12.99-3.12.2001.
- Worked as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in OPD based ICMR funded research project, “A survey of burden and coping strategies of caregivers of patients with severe mental disorders” from 4.12.2001- 30.9.2003. Research work included data collection, Counselling sessions, educational sessions and conducting focus group discussions at individual level.
- Completed M.Phil (Clinical Psychology) from Department of Clinical Psychology, IHBAS (October, 2004 – October, 2006).
- Conducted research work on “Cognitive deficits in bipolar affective disorder” and written a thesis on it.
- Guest Faculty, Department of Psychology, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi and taking classes for M.A. (Previous), M.A. (Final) and P.G. Diploma in Counselling Psychology (Since December, 2007).
- Trainer- cum- Consultant Psychologist for training workshops (sponsored by NACO, India) in HIV/AIDS for various STI counselors at University Guidance & Counselling Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Organizing 3 months certificate courses on ‘Cognitive Behavior Therapy’ (CBT) in Kamla Nehru College, University of Delhi for B.A. (Hons.) Psychology students of various colleges of Delhi University like Lady Sri Ram, Gargi and Jesus & Mary College.
- Organizing certificate courses/ workshops in Max Healthcare on different themes like Child and Adult Assessments, Cognitive Assessments, Projective Assessments, Psychological Management of psychiatric illnesses, Overview of Psychotherapy for B.A. (Psychology) & M.A. (Psychology) students.
- Organizing workshops in different schools across NCR on different topics like: Aggression and Relationship, Effective Study Skills and Handling Examination Stress, Handling Peer Pressure and Risk Taking Behavior in Adolescents.
- Presented a seminar on “Disability and Handicap: Mental Health Issues”.
- Presented a seminar on “Neuropsychological Assessment: An Update With Reference to Indian Context ”.
Research Papers Published/ Presented/Abstracts Published
- Presented a research paper on “Behavior Problems among School Children” in 10th Biennial Conference of Indian Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health held at AIIMS from 23-25 November, 2009.
- Presented a research paper on “Impact of Spirituality on Mental Health and Well Being” in a National Seminar on ‘Aggression and Violence: Challenges For Social Well Being’ held at Jamia Milia Islamia from 17-18 March, 2010.
Conferences/ Seminars Attended
- Attended a Training Workshop on “Understanding and Teaching Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders” organized by Action For Autism from 16-19 September, 2009.
- Attended a workshop on “Neuropsychological Assessment and Remediation” from 27-29 March,09.
- Attended a Workshop on “Support Group for Handling Stress” from 1.4.09 to 6.5.09.
- Attended a CME on “ Carcinoma Esophagus” at Max Healthcare.
- Attended annual conference of the Indian Association Of Clinical Psychologists from 18.2.13 to 20.2.13
- Attended a seminar on Work Behaviour in Adults with Mental Retardation at National Institute For The Mentally Handicapped from 17.2 14 to 21.2.14
Teaching experience : 4 years as Guest Faculty, Department of Psychology, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Has been teaching at M.A., M. Phil. & Pre-PhD level:
Field training and research guidance in the area of Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Child Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry, Developmental Psychopathology, Cognitive Psychology, Marital Issues, Family Issues and Clinical Neuropsychology. Training is being provided to the students in Clinical set up.
- Training of M.Phil and M.A students
- Supervision of their dissertation and thesis.
Training workshops being conducted/ Invited lectures/ Panel Discussions :
- For school teachers and counsellors on effective teaching -learning process, assessing and managing academic, emotional and behavioral problems in the classroom, learning, language, attention, and memory difficulties of normal children and children with ADHD, Dyslexia and Autism.
- Organized a Workshop for medical doctors on overview of psychotherapy: Current trends.
- Training workshop for Nursing Staff across NCR on “ Stress, Coping and Mental Health”.
- Organized a Workshop on “ Lifestyle Interventions for Stress Management” on 22.12.08 at XXXII Indian Social Science Congress Conference conducted from 17-22 December,08.
- Organized a Workshop on “Exam and Study Skills” for teachers/ school counselors on 29th January,09 at Max Balaji Hospital, Patparganj, Delhi.
- Training workshop for school counselors across NCR on “Effective Study Skills and Handling Examination Anxiety”.
- Conducted a training programme for training STI counselors organized by NACO Training in HIV/AIDS Counseling on the topic “Management Of Psychological Distress in patients with HIV/AIDS”.
- Conducted a training programme for training STI counselors organized by NACO Training in HIV/AIDS Counseling on the topic “Suicide Risk Assessment and Management of HIV/AIDS”.
- Conducted a training programme for training STI counselors organized by NACO Training in HIV/AIDS Counseling on the topic “Mental Health Issues associated with HIV/AIDS”.
- Training programs for parents on parenting skills.
- Delivered a lecture on “Suicide Prevention” at JMI on World Suicide Prevention Day.
- Invited by different schools in conducting workshops on Parenting skills.
- Invited as a speaker by Amity International School to deliver a lecture on Handling Teenage and Adolescent Issues in September, 2012.
- Conducted a workshop for School Teachers on Identifying Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and Specific Learning Disability at DAV School in September, 2014.
- Invited as a penalist by Paediatric Association, East Delhi Branch in a CME on “Voiding Dysfunction” on 12.8.10.
- Has been taking Antenatal Classes for Pregnant females at Max Healthcare since 2007 till date.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists (Life Member)
- Indian Science Congress Association
Awareness programs through media
Have been invited by different TV channels for different topics and panel discussions like (INDIA TV, AAJ TAK, DELHI AAJ TAK, NDTV INDIA, STAR NEWS, NDTV, SAHARA SAMAY , CNN-IBN, IBN 7, DD,) to share her opinions in the area of Mental Health issues related to Children & Adolescents. Have been a regular column writer for a popular magazine Good Health, have been writing articles for various magazines on psychological issues and on Mental Health Issues. in different newspapers like (HT, TOI, Indian Express, TOI, Dainik Jagraan and Amar Ujjala,) and Magazines (India Today, Today Magazine, HT Brunch, Readers Digest, Parenting).